[Rd] dll problem

stephenb stenka1 at go.com
Mon Jul 14 15:30:17 CEST 2008

I am trying to load a dll compiled with the latest cygwin into R 2.7.0
R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22)
Copyright (C) 2008 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

I have:
Sys.getenv("Path")

Path
"C:\\Windows\\system32;C:\\Windows;C:\\Windows\\System32\\Wbem;C:\\Program
Files\\MBTrading\\MBT Navigator;C:\\Program
Files\\R\\R-2.7.0\\bin;C:\\cygwin\\bin"

the source is:
!!!     f1.f
       SUBROUTINE f1(a)

      INTEGER :: a, i
      a=2

      RETURN

      END SUBROUTINE f1

compiled by

g77 -shared -o f1.dll f1.f

R freezes and I have to kill it with task manager
when I try:
dyn.load("f1.dll")

Please, help.