[Rd] Windows: adding R/bin folder to the PATH variable

Gorjanc Gregor Gregor.Gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Fri Jul 18 09:13:46 CEST 2008

Hi!

Under Windows R is installed, but its bin folder is not added to the system PATH
variable. I know that this is handled properly under *nix like systems and I wonder,
why this is not the default also for the MS Windows? I guess that for most users
a shortcut on the desktop or anywhere else is sufficient, but there are occasions
when one expects to able to lunch R from anywhere - say the Command prompt.

Regards, Gregor