[Rd] Rmpi segfault after install on Ubuntu Hardy Heron

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Fri Jun 13 01:52:50 CEST 2008

Oleg Sklyar wrote:
> simply cd to $R_HOME/library/Rmpi/libs and do on the command line
>
> ldd -r Rmpi.so

I think you'll want to

R CMD ldd $R_HOME/library/Rmpi/libs/Rmpi.so

which picks up the R configuration environment, e.g., compare BLAS below:

mtmorgan at lamprey:~/> R CMD ldd $R_HOME/library/stats/libs/stats.so
         libRblas.so =>
/home/mtmorgan/arch/x86_64/R-devel/lib/libRblas.so (0x00002b543f98b000)
         libgfortran.so.2 => /usr/lib64/libgfortran.so.2
(0x00002b543fc09000)
         libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00002b543fec4000)
         libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00002b5440118000)
         /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x0000555555554000)
mtmorgan at lamprey:~/s> ldd $R_HOME/library/stats/libs/stats.so
         libRblas.so => not found
         libgfortran.so.2 => /usr/lib64/libgfortran.so.2
(0x00002aeabd923000)
         libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00002aeabdbde000)
         libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00002aeabde32000)
         /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x0000555555554000)

Martin