[Rd] cut.Date and cut.POSIXt problem

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Wed Mar 26 16:03:29 CET 2008

Martin Maechler wrote:

>     RDP> I have applied these patches to R-devel and in my limited testing they appear to
>     RDP> work as desired.  I have to say that I never ran into the problem these patches
>     RDP> were meant to solve so I may not be the best person to do the testing.
>
> that must have been an old version of R-devel, since Marc's
> patches had made it "officially" into R-devel on Monday,
> and subsequently also into  R-2.7.0 alpha.
>
> With thanks to Marc, Brian, Roger and other contributors,
> Martin

Thanks Martin and thanks to Roger, Gabor and Prof. Ripley for taking the
time to review and commit the patches.

Also note that patches were included to add "quarter[s]" as a defined
break interval to cut.Date() and cut.POSIXt() and that these patches
were also made to hist.Date() and hist.POSIXt() so that those functions
support the new break intervals as well.

The help files for these have also been updated.

Lastly, a patch was added to tests/reg-tests-1.R for the original issue
raised by Gabor.

Thanks again to everyone.

Regards,

Marc