[Rd] Reading an "unsigned long long" using R readBin()

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 30 19:55:30 CEST 2008

Well, R has no unsigned quantities, so ultimately you can't actually do
this.  But using what="int" and an appropriate 'size' (likely to be 8)
shold read the numbers, wrapping around very large ones to be negative.
(The usual trick of storing integers in numeric will lose accuracy, but
might be better than nothing.)