[Rd] Experimental Rd parser in trunk.

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Nov 13 22:14:33 CET 2008

A couple more comments on the \dots problem:

1.  Allowing {} after \dots is unsatisfactory, because the current
parser will render the braces, i.e. 1\dots{}10 is rendered as 1..{}10.
I'd like to have enough back-compatibility that it is possible to
rewrite a man page to work in either system.

2. I could change the rules for what ends a markup macro, to allow only
alphabetic chars in one, so that 1\dots10 is legal again.  This would
require changing or making exceptions for \linkS4class, \S3method, and
\S4method, because they contain digits.  I think this would rule out
ever creating macros \linkS or \S because of the ambiguity; the latter
might be a worry.

So I'm still leaning towards adding \sp...

Duncan Murdoch