[Rd] (PR#13234) Problems with Sweave and pdf.options(encoding="ISOLatin7")

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 19 11:24:58 CET 2008

I can't actually check what happens since the message has been
garbled en route to me.  Can you please send what you intended using
\uxxxx escapes so it is portable.  (What I have is what appears to be
UTF-8 re-encoded in UTF-8, things like c3 84 3f.)

And can you also confirm that the example works correctly directly in
pdf()?

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008, zemlys at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sweave for some reason does not respect encoding setting in pdf.options.

Rather it uses its own setting.  I think you need to set option
pdf.encoding="ISOLatin7" on the Sweave call.

It would probably be better if Sweave() fetched the default for
options$pdf.encoding from pdf.options(), and definitely that this was
documented.