[Rd] odbcConnectExcel on non-Windows?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Aug 9 19:15:38 CEST 2009

On 9 August 2009 at 12:04, spencerg wrote:
|       What should I do regarding code to write an Excel file in a
| non-Windows platform?
[...]
|       What would you suggest we do about this?
[...]
|       If there is a better way to handle this, I would like to know.

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/WriteXLS/index.html

Portable (in the sense of used by Perl, Python, ... or other scripting
engines) solutions have existed for a dozen years.  We have a wrapper to Perl
code for a long time too (having been of the initial discussions that lead to
Greg's initial read.xls from the gdata package).

Dirk