[Rd] re ading SPSS .sav files (PR#13509)

HBaize HBaize at buttecounty.net
Sat Feb 14 03:42:12 CET 2009

I've uploaded sample SPSS sav files to my web space.

This file was made with SPSS verion 13.0 and does NOT crash R 2.8.1 on my
machine:
http://www.3dculture.com/images/Florida2000ElectionData.sav

This is the same file, but saved with SPSS ver 17.0,
it does not crash but returns warnings:
http://www.3dculture.com/images/test17Florida2000election.sav

The remaining files were also saved with SPSS 17.0

This file consistently crashes R:
http://www.3dculture.com/images/testRcrash.sav

This file was also saved with SPSS 17 and is a subset of "testRcrash.sav"
yet
it does not crash R and returns warnings like the ones in my post above:
http://www.3dculture.com/images/testRwarn.sav

Another SPSS 17.0 sav file that consistently crashes R 2.8.1:
http://www.3dculture.com/images/test17miss.sav