[Rd] plot.lm: "Cook's distance" label can overplot point labels

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 18:22:37 CET 2009

At 13:05 20/02/2009, John Fox wrote:

>Dear Thomas,
>
>Though far from an expert on the matter, it's my understanding that
>red-green confusion is the most common form of colour-blindness. I guess
>that the best way to put it is that it would be desirable to choose colours
>for the standard palette that minimize the probability of perceptual
>problems.

I wonder whether there are two separate issues: what is the best
standard palette and whether mainstream plots should use colour to
carry essential information. For instance there seems little problem
in biplot having red arrows and black points because the colour is redundant.

I am not an expert on colour vision either but there certainly are
people who report difficulty at scientific meetings with interpreting
the slides.