[Rd] R-devel/Linux x64/Sun Studio 12: Problem with Matrix

Thomas Petzoldt Thomas.Petzoldt at TU-Dresden.de
Sat Feb 21 11:41:31 CET 2009

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> This seems to be a problem with your OS installation. I have
>
> gannet% file /lib64/libpthread.so.0
> /lib64/libpthread.so.0: symbolic link to `libpthread-2.9.so'
> gannet% file /lib64/libpthread-2.9.so
> /lib64/libpthread-2.9.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version
> 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9,
> not stripped
>
> gannet% rpm -q --whatprovides /lib64/libpthread-2.9.so
> glibc-2.9-3.x86_64
>
> and of course building (current) Matrix works for me.

Dear Prof. Ripley,

O.K. thanks for your quick answer, its good to know that its not an
obvious error in config.site. Maybe it's because I started from a rather
minimal Fedora version, so I'll try to fix my installation.

Thank you

Thomas P.

--
Thomas Petzoldt