[Rd] Side-effects of require() vs library() on x86_64 aka amd64

Seth Falcon seth at userprimary.net
Sat Jan 31 15:59:13 CET 2009

Hi Dirk,

* On 2009-01-30 at 22:38 -0600 Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> Turns out, as so often, that there was a regular bug lurking which is now
> fixed in RDieHarder 0.1.1.  But I still would like to understand exactly what
> is different so that --slave was able to trigger it when --vanilla,
> --no-save, ... did not.
>
> [ The library() vs require() issue may have been a red herring. ]

Without telling us any details about the nature of the bug you found,
it is difficult to speculate.  If the bug was in your C code and
memory related, it could simply be that the two different run paths
resulted in different allocation patterns, one of which triggered the
bug.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | http://userprimary.net/user/