[Rd] V2.9.0 changes [Sec=Unclassified]

Peter Dalgaard P.Dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Jun 24 11:40:26 CEST 2009

Martin Maechler wrote:

> But then, as professional statisticians, we should consider the
> famous
>    >>> Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future <<
> attributed to Physics Nobel Prize winner Niels Bohr.

...and quotations are even more difficult!

A number of people are known NOT to be the source of that one, including
Bohr, Robert Storm Petersen, and former minister of culture Steincke (in
his memoirs, he mentions it being used in parliament some time during
1935--1939, but he forgot by whom). One source has "Markus M. Ronner,
and others" (he was born in 1938, though!)