[Rd] r-devel tarball build failure on windows

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 10 19:18:36 CET 2009

This is another of those things which is not yet finished (you will
see mention of the removed cross-building scripts in the relevant
Makefile.win).

Expect it to work from the tarball before GFF in 10 day's time.

There's another intermittent problem with dependencies in the current
sources that I will commit a fix for shortly.

Geberally, you should not necessarily expect R to build on Windows
from snapshots tarballs prior to GFF: use svn+rsync (as that is what
the developers use).