[Rd] Suggestion: Add links to NEWS and CHANGES on help.start() page

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Fri Nov 13 15:11:44 CET 2009

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:31:10 +0100 Romain Francois
<romain.francois at dbmail.com> wrote:
> > Or have I overlooked something, and a function for this already exists?
>
> ?news

I know about the 'news' function, but that doesn't *show* the NEWS or
CHANGES file for a package, at least not in any useful format.

The feature I'd prefer doesn't require any fancy parsing, just an
ordinary listing of the contents of the text files NEWS/CHANGES (in a
separate window, or perhaps opened in the user's browser).

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer