[Rd] Setting a mirror "permanently" on R on ubuntu (PR#13995)

lmramba at gmail.com lmramba at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 05:55:10 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I seem to have many problems as I run R on my ubuntu system.
want to set a mirror so that anytime I use the command "install.packages",
it does not ask me for which mirror to use but go direct.
This is because of the error I keep on getting below and I dont know how to
solve it.

Please help.

Kind regards,
Lazarus

> library(epicalc)
> install.packages("lattice")
Warning in install.packages("lattice") :
  argument 'lib' is missing: using
'/home/lmramba/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.9'
Error in contrib.url(repos, type) :
  trying to use CRAN without setting a mirror
Calls: install.packages -> grep -> contrib.url
Execution halted

Exited: 256

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]