[Rd] Dependencies of packages' CHECK....

Allen S. Rout asr at ufl.edu
Wed Sep 9 20:08:54 CEST 2009

Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de> writes:

>> 2) As part of the binary package build process, run CHECK
>>    with R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS = false.

> 1, 3-5 sound fine, but I do not see why you need 2).

I suppose because it makes me feel dirty to leave the check step out
entirely, if there is some utility available from it.  But I've got a
reputation as an overengineer, so..

In any case, I agree that the earlier check doesn't add anything
except possible satisfaction by the binary-package maintainers.

- Allen S. Rout