[Rd] problem building R 2.12.1 64-bit on Windows 7

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 05:12:01 CET 2010

Hello,

It seems the problem was as elementary as me mis-interpreting the
instructions in 3.1.3 of the R Installation and Administration manual:

"Look at ‘MkRules.dist’ and if settings need to be altered, copy it to
‘MkRules.local’ and edit the settings there."

I took that to mean that you only copy the settings that need to be
altered to a new local file, so the majority of required settings
weren't passed to MkRules itself. "Copy it" means copy the file, not
just the setting/s - a poor reading on my part, and easily checked by
seeing the resulting MkRules file.

make all recommended ran to completion without error, and with
Kaspersky in full operation.

Thanks again for the patience, I've added my updated notes below.

Cheers, Mike.