[Rd] wcstombs error when compiling package with Debian/Ubuntu

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Wed Feb 10 22:02:02 CET 2010

Dear Debian/Ubuntu experts,

For the second time users of my BioC package reported problems when
trying to compile it on Debian/Ubuntu.

The error is always the same: "'wcstombs' was not declared in this
scope", see:
https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2010-February/031739.html
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2009-August/029192.html

Since I have no problems compiling my package on OpenSUSE11.1, MacOS X
and WinXP, I assume that maybe some development package may not be
installed?

Do you know what might be the reason for the compilation error on
Debian/Ubuntu?
Which development headers/packages (glibc-headers, glibc-kernheaders??)
need to be installed on Debian/Ubuntu?

Best regards
Christian
C.h.r.i.s.t.i.a.n   S.t.r.a.t.o.w.a