[Rd] r cmd check in r 2.11 accessing internet

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sat Mar 20 17:45:30 CET 2010

On 20.03.2010 04:46, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> While performing an Rcmd check in R 2.11 (2010-03-14 r51276) on
> Windows Vista I noticed it was trying to access the internet during
> this phase:
>
> * checking Rd cross-references
>
> Is that supposed to happen?

Well, even make check of R itself accesses the internet since many
years, hence it would not be a big surprise for me that it happens with
R CMD check for some packages as well - which unfrtunately is the case
for many CRAN packages that sometimes fail my checks if the server to
connect to is offline (or we are).

Which package are you talking about?

Best,
Uwe