[Rd] r cmd check in r 2.11 accessing internet

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 17:54:05 CET 2010

I was checking the zoo package.  I think I only noticed it because I
had downloaded a new R 2.11 and the first time a program tries to
access the internet my firewall gives a message.  Actually the
zoo-quickref vignette does download some stock data but this occurred
during checking cross references rather than building the vignettes.
Its possible that it was checking CRAN for a package not in my R 2.11
library -- does it do that?

Thanks.