[Rd] Using SVN + SSH on windows

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Sat Mar 27 17:47:08 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Christophe Genolini
<cgenolin at u-paris10.fr> wrote:
> Hi the list,
> I try to use R-Forge for developping a projet. I am using tortoise SVN (last
> version) but I do not manage to Commit. I read the R-Forge user Manual and
> some post on  but I do not manage to find the solution. Here is what I did:
>
> 1/ I download 'puttygen.exe'. I generate a key (256 bits).
> 2/ I save the private key in a file 'private.ppk' on my computer.
> 3/ I copy-paste the public key on sourceforge
> ssh-rsa
> AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAACEAobwycGGZrMZ39i7Vtrdk3ahN1hVw/tPoiShJGk1xjRs=
> rsa-key-20100327
> 4/ I wait two hours.
> 5/ On my computer, I run 'pageant.exe'.
> 6/ I click on 'Add key'. I load the file 'private.ppk'
> 7/ I close 'pageant.exe' (still actif in the task bar).
> 8/ I open explorer. I create a directory that is suppose to be the local
> directoy for the projet.
> 9/ I right-click on the directory. I open 'SVN checkout'
> 10/ In 'URL of  repository:', I write :
> 'svn+ssh://christophe@svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/kml3d'
> (christophe is my accoung, kml3d is the project)
> And...
>
> ...nothing happen. No bug, not warning, nothing.
>
> I try several things: if I do
> 'svn://christophe@svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/kml3d', I do manage to
> download the project. But then, I do not manage to upload some modification.

All looks ok, but I think you are using the wrong protocol.  It should
be 'svn+ssh' for *commits*, i.e.

svn+ssh://christophe@svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/kml3d

which *is* shown at http://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/?group_id=727

/Henrik

PS. Don't think you need plink, but I might be wrong.