[Rd] Using SVN + SSH on windows

Christophe Genolini cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Sat Mar 27 18:17:49 CET 2010

Henrik Bengtsson a écrit :
> 2010/3/27 hb <hb at stat.berkeley.edu>:
>
>> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Christophe Genolini <cgenolin at u-paris10.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi the list,
>>> I try to use R-Forge for developping a projet. I am using tortoise SVN (last
>>> version) but I do not manage to Commit. I read the R-Forge user Manual and
>>> some post on  but I do not manage to find the solution. Here is what I did:
>>>
>>> 1/ I download 'puttygen.exe'. I generate a key (256 bits).
>>> 2/ I save the private key in a file 'private.ppk' on my computer.
>>> 3/ I copy-paste the public key on sourceforge
>>> ssh-rsa
>>> AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAACEAobwycGGZrMZ39i7Vtrdk3ahN1hVw/tPoiShJGk1xjRs=
>>> rsa-key-20100327
>>> 4/ I wait two hours.
>>> 5/ On my computer, I run 'pageant.exe'.
>>> 6/ I click on 'Add key'. I load the file 'private.ppk'
>>> 7/ I close 'pageant.exe' (still actif in the task bar).
>>> 8/ I open explorer. I create a directory that is suppose to be the local
>>> directoy for the projet.
>>> 9/ I right-click on the directory. I open 'SVN checkout'
>>> 10/ In 'URL of  repository:', I write :
>>> 'svn+ssh://christophe@svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/kml3d'
>>> (christophe is my accoung, kml3d is the project)
>>> And...
>>>
>>> ...nothing happen. No bug, not warning, nothing.
>>>
>>> I try several things: if I do
>>> 'svn://christophe@svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/kml3d', I do manage to
>>> download the project. But then, I do not manage to upload some modification.
>>>
>> All looks ok, but I think you are using the wrong protocol. It should be 'svn+ssh' for *commits*, i.e.
>>
>> svn+ssh://christophe@svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/kml3d
>>
>> which *is* shown at http://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/?group_id=727

Now, in addition, I configure putty as Uwe advice me. I follow the
tutorial http://www.mono-project.com/Putty_and_TortoiseSvn
> Sorry, I missed that you've tried that (I scrolled past it on my small screen).
>
> - When you generated a key in PUTTYgen, did you enter a passphrase?  I
> think you have to leave that blank.
>
> - Make sure not to have any newlines/spaces in the key, when you paste
> it, that is, you should have:
>
> Line 1: ssh-rsa
> Line 2: <long key>

On two line ? On R-forge, they say "/Make sure there are no line breaks
except between keys."/
> You can have multiple entries as the above.
>
> - You need to checkout with the svn+ssh URL, because that it is what
> TortoiseSVN will use for commits (unless you do "relocate").  If you
> can checkout using this protocol, you should be able to commit.  Thus,
> focus your troubleshooting on checking out.
>
> - In the "Default Settings" PuTTY Configurations, make sure "Attempt
> authentication using Pageant" is checked under the Connection -> SSH
> -> Auth panel.

I did
> - Make sure Pageant lists the key in its dialog.

It is.

> Does it work?

No. In "putty", I get :
"login as: christophe"

Then a pop up say : "Assertion failed!
Program:...\pageant.exe
File: ..\sshrsa.c
Line:793
..."

Then I click "ignore"

On putty again :

"Authenticating with public key "rsa-key-20100327" from agent
Access denied
christophe at kml3d.r-forge.r-project.org's password:
Linux xmrforge2 2.6.18-xen #1 SMP Fri May 18 16:01:42 BST 2007 x86_64

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Sat Mar 27 17:56:55 2010 from
def92-4-82-225-59-146.fbx.proxad.net
This is a restricted account.
You cannot execute anything here.
Goodbye."