[Rd] BLAS benchmarks on R 2.12.0

Michael Spiegel michael.m.spiegel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 00:43:19 CET 2010

Hi Andrew,

In the majority of use cases of our package, we end up doing lots and
lots of matrix operations on small matrices, as opposed to matrix
operations on large matrices.  The optimized BLAS libraries are
usually optimized for large matrices.  The reference implementation is
faster than either veclib, Atlas, or the Goto BLAS implementations,
I've tested all of them on our performance test suite.

--Michael