[Rd] segfault interest?

ivo welch ivo.welch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 18:12:31 CET 2010

I just figured out what is happening.  The root drive (presumably OSX
virtual memory) becomes depleted.  The error message about "memory not
mapped" was a hint, too.  So, not really R's fault.  However, I wonder
whether R can be made to abort more gracefully, or at least trap the
error message and translate it into something more meaningful ("you
have run out of [virtual] memory when executing 'R statement' ").  of
course, this may not be possible at all.

/iaw