[Rd] proposal for new flag to R CMD INSTALL

Kjetil Halvorsen kjetilbrinchmannhalvorsen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 01:10:13 CET 2010

For the purpose of helping in installing only parts of a package
(in my case, the help system), R CMD INSTALL
should accept a flag   --no-check-deps

Below is a diff for R-devel, svn revision    53672

kjetil at kjetil:~/R/R-devel/src/library/tools/R$ diff install.R.old install.R
116a117
>             "      --no-check-deps      skip test if installed depends/imports",
506c507
<             if (length(miss) > 1)
---
>             if ((length(miss) > 1) && check_deps)