[Rd] tar problem when using 'R CMD build' on Windows

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Thu Oct 7 21:21:16 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 09/30/2010 10:45 AM, Hervé Pagès wrote:
[...]
> If that is not desirable, could the tools:::.build_packages() function
> not put quotes around the value of the TAR environment variable (the
> code does shQuote(TAR)), at least on Windows, so I can set this
> variable to
>
> tar --no-same-owner

Current R-beta doesn't put quotes around TAR anymore. So now
I can do SET TAR=tar --no-same-owner on Windows and that fixes
my problem. Thanks!

> Note that the use of quotes around TAR is inconsistent across
> utils::untar(), utils::tar() and tools:::.build_packages() (only
> the first doesn't put them) but that's another story.

And now things seem to be consistent (none of those functions puts
quotes around TAR anymore). This is good. Thanks again!

H.

--
Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology