[Rd] duplicates() function

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 17:21:00 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Joshua Ulrich <josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> How about:
>
> y <- rep(NA,length(x))
> y[duplicated(x)] <- match(x[duplicated(x)] ,x)

I use Joshua's trick all the time.  But it might still be nice with a
C implementation.

While we are discussing duplication, I would also like to see
something like duplicated() but which returns TRUE whenever a value is
later duplicated, so I can easily select the values of a vector which
has are never duplicated.  Right now I need to do something like
  y [ ! y %in% y[duplicated(y)] ]
I am only bringing this up because of Duncan's request.

Kasper