[Rd] duplicates() function

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Fri Apr 8 18:22:08 CEST 2011

Does R have a function like match() that treats matrices
and data.frames row-wise, as duplicated() and unique() do?
duplicated() and match() do related things and I've been
annoyed that their methods for non-vectors do not match up
with each other.  (For historical reasons match cannot be
changed, but perhaps a new generic is in order.)

JU's code still would not work on matrices, but a variant could.

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com