[Rd] Issues with building package with C src on windows [R CMD INSTALL ignoring makefile]

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 19 16:43:56 CET 2011

If all else fails, read the manual: it is explicitly documented that you
need a file src/Makefile.win .

And very likely you should rather study the manual to resolve what issue
you think 'requires' a Makefile: those who want to use R on other
platforms (e.g. Solaris and AIX) are unlikely to thank you for taking
that route.