[Rd] adding packages R 2.14.0

RogerP rpickeri at mail.nih.gov
Thu Dec 22 19:13:03 CET 2011

Well, I was able to build R 2.14.0 on my Solaris x86 machine, with a lot of
work and some help. Thanks!

At first the update.packages() would not work because some of the .so files
that came with R were 32 - not 64 bit.  I was able to install them and so
now the update.packages() works. I still have a couple of issues:

1) a lot of packages are not available for R 2.14.0.

2) When compiling I occasionally get compilation errors  - for example:

"../inst/include/Rcpp/stats/random/rhyper.h", line 31: Warning
(Anachronism): Formal argument gen of type double(*)(double,double,double)
in call to Rcpp::Vector<14>::Vector<double, double, double>(const int&,
double(*)(double,double,double), const double&, const double&, const
double&) is being passed extern "C" double(*)(double,double,double).

Will the packages not now available because available over time?

How do I report/fix the compiling errors?

Thanks in advance!
Roger