[Rd] CRAN link broken

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Dec 31 07:36:04 CET 2011

This is not the CRAN webmaster's address[*], and the problem has been
reported several times already to the proper places.  No one reading
this list apart from the handful with CRAN administrator rights can do
anything about this.

The package repository is still there, and the check information is
still up (via http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_summary.html).
  The only thing that appears to be missing is the web-formatted summary
information.  That is secondary information, and it looks like the
web/packages area needs to be regenerated.

My memory is that some of the mirrors do not auto-delete, and so will
remain populated.  I believe http://stat.ethz.ch/CRAN/web/packages/ to
be one of those and it looks intact.

[*] I believe that to be CRANadmin at r-project.org