[Rd] CRAN link broken

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Sat Dec 31 12:15:10 CET 2011

    > This is not the CRAN webmaster's address[*], and the
    > problem has been reported several times already to the
    > proper places.  No one reading this list apart from the
    > handful with CRAN administrator rights can do anything
    > about this.

    > The package repository is still there, and the check
    > information is still up (via
    > http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_summary.html).
    > The only thing that appears to be missing is the
    > web-formatted summary information.  That is secondary
    > information, and it looks like the web/packages area needs
    > to be regenerated.

    > My memory is that some of the mirrors do not auto-delete,
    > and so will remain populated.  I believe
    > http://stat.ethz.ch/CRAN/web/packages/ to be one of those
    > and it looks intact.

Well, yes..
Actually, my mirroring script does auto-deletion but "slowly":
never more than a few hundred files at a time
(apart from the 'Recommended/' subdirectories: There, it is
 important to delete, i.e., important to not have more than one
 version of a recommended package .. for our  tools/rsync-recommended
 script )

Almost:   CRAN-admin at r-project.org
	  (or any other capitalization of that)