[Rd] using rasterImage within image

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Feb 9 04:03:28 CET 2011

Ben,

did you actually look at the result of your function with useRaster=TRUE ? ;) [Hint: don't use an image that is symmetric]

Apart from that nice bug there are more issues as well, try
image(matrix(1:4,2),col=1:3)
The underlying issue is that as.raster() is not quite what you would hope. Unfortunately I'm not aware of an easy fix (that doesn't involve going back to RGB decomposition).

In general, I think it's a nice option, but I don't think you'll get away with only a few lines...

Cheers,
Simon