[Rd] Log file of building vignette in RCMD check

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 6 18:59:17 CEST 2011

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011, Uwe Ligges wrote:

> On 06.06.2011 15:30, Stefan McKinnon Høj-Edwards wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to run "RCMD check" on a package. It performs OK, with the
>> exception of a single warning:
>> * checking package vignettes in 'inst/doc' ... WARNING
>> Package vignette(s) without corresponding PDF:
>>     AnnotationFuncsUserguide.Rnw
>
> R CMD build should build the vignettes. If it did not succeed, see its output
> for details.

You can also use tools::buildVignettes to do it manually.  But R CMD
check is reporting that you failed to do it at all: it is not the job
of R CMD check and the PDF of the vignette should be in the
tarball/directory you supply to be checked.

> Uwe Ligges
>

>> As I understand the problem, the vignette is not built. However, I have no
>> problems in doing so manually.
>> How do I fix this problem? I cannot find any logs for building the
>> vignette, however the output from building the pdf-file of the manual is
>> found in the .Rcheck folder.
>>
>> On a similar note, as my vignette includes a biblio, I have to run "latex"
>> twice to get the citations referenced properly with a number. Is this an
>> issue? How can I work around it? (The package is submitted to BioC, so
>> there might be other rules there?)

It indicates that you failed to use the tools we provided, R CMD
build, tools::buildVignettes() and tools::texi2dvi().

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk