[Rd] Does anybody successfully built latest R on AIX 5.3?

Stefan Theussl stefan.theussl at wu.ac.at
Wed Jun 8 13:06:36 CEST 2011

We successfully built R on AIX 6.1 but the following instructions should
also work for 5.3.

We mainly used the software from OSS4AIX but also from the "AIX Toolbox
for Linux Applications" obtainable directly from IBM. Attached you'll
find our list of installed rpms. This and the instructions provided in
the "R Installation and Administration" manual should be all you need to
build R on AIX systems.

hth,
st