[Rd] Standardized Pearson residuals (and score tests)

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri Mar 18 02:32:45 CET 2011

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011, peter dalgaard wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2011, at 23:29 , Gordon K Smyth wrote:
>
>> Hi Peter and others,
>>
>> If it helps, I wrote a small function glm.scoretest() for the statmod
>> package on CRAN to compute score tests from glm fits.  The score test
>> for adding a covariate, or any set of covariates, can be extracted very
>> neatly from the standard glm output, although you probably already know
>> that.
>
> Thanks Gordon,
>
> I'll have a look. It's the kind of think where you _strongly suspect_
> that a neat solution exists, but where you can't just write it down
> immediately. Looks like your code needs some elaboration to handle
> factor terms and more general model reductions, though.

Yes, the glm.scoretest() function is very basic.  At the moment it tests
for adding a single covariate at a time, i.e., a 1 df test, or several 1
df tests.  If you like, I could add a multiple column version that would
work for factors etc, it would be only more line or so.  I figure you'd
want to pull code out of glm.scoretest() rather than call it explicitly
anyway.

Gordon