[Rd] Reading 64-bit integers

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Mar 30 20:22:53 CEST 2011

Bill,

thanks. I like that idea of the output parameter better, especially if we ever add different scalar vector types. Admittedly, what=integer() is the most useful case. What I was worried about is things like what=double(), output=integer() which could be legal, but are more conveniently dealt with via as.integer(readBin()) instead.
I won't have more time today, but I'll have a look tomorrow.

Thanks,
Simon