[Rd] CRAN: How to list a non-Sweave doc under "Vignettes:" on package page?

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Mon Nov 7 05:45:50 CET 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Yihui Xie <xie at yihui.name> wrote:
> Thanks, and sorry for hijacking. I tried it once and gave up later
> because I do not want hard-coded files (may be good or bad, though).
> My point is that both CRAN and the package documentation are
> restricted to Sweave for automatic generation of the vignette list. I
> was hoping that vigettes could be like demos, which are listed in
> demo/00Index by package authors and will show up in demo(package =
> xxx). I apologize if this is irrelavent to your question.

No worries - I just wanted to clarify.  I second your wishlist.

FYI, you can achieve some automation by using inst/doc/Makefile that
processes your own inst/doc/00Index.dcf file.  You'll still need some
kind of index.html template though.  (In the R.rsp package I'm using
an index.html.rsp template this way).

/H