[Rd] R-devel (2.14 alpha) Windows binary

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 5 10:50:28 CEST 2011

On Wed, 5 Oct 2011, Peter Dalgaard wrote:

> I suspect that the Windows build system just hasn't caught on to the short time between 2.13.2 and the start of run-in for 2.14.0. I think the usual logic is that pre-releases of the next version replace the patch releases of the old one (by definition, there shouldn't be updates to 2.13.2 anyway).

Correct, but it also does not have a 'R 2.15.0 devel' (not that there
is such a thing: R-devel does not have a version number). In fact it
has

ncftp /pub/R/bin/windows/base > ls -l
-rw-rw-r--    1 0        1001     40213201 Sep 30 19:18 R-2.13.2-win.exe
-rw-rw-r--    1 0        1001     41018043 Oct  4 11:49 R-2.13.2patched-win.exe
-rw-rw-r--    1 0        1001     47707488 Oct  2 10:45 R-2.14.0dev-win.exe

so R-2.14.0dev-win.exe would be a pretty good surrogate for R 2.14.0
alpha until that is available.