[Rd] Vignette questions

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Thu Apr 12 15:17:33 CEST 2012

On 04/12/2012 02:15 AM, Uwe Ligges wrote:

> On 12.04.2012 01:16, Paul Gilbert wrote:
>>

>> On 12-04-11 04:41 PM, Terry Therneau wrote:
>>> Context: R2.15-0 on Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> 1. I get a WARNING from CMD check for "Package vignette(s) without
>>> corresponding PDF:
>>> In this case the vignettes directory had both the pdf and Rnw; do I
>>> need
>>> to move the pdf to inst/doc?
>>
>> Yes, you need to put the pdf in the inst/doc directory if it cannot be
>> built by R-forge and CRAN check machines, but leave the Rnw in the
>> vignettes directory.
>
> No, this is all done automatically by R CMD build, hence you do not
> need to worry.

Suddenly it becomes clear:  the warning will disappear on its own when I
apply CMD check to the tarball.

I was running it on the directory, as is my habit when I've just added a
new feature and want to make sure I didn't break anything old, and had
wandered down the "CRAN doesn't like warnings so I better fix this
somehow" path.

Terry Therneau