[Rd] Defining Version in R Package

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Aug 7 11:09:03 CEST 2012

On 06.08.2012 15:30, [R]andall wrote:
> Hello Liste[R]s,
>
> I defined a version in a recent package using the following entries:
>
> DESCRIPTION FILE:
> /Depends: R(>= 2.14.2), rjson, RgoogleMaps/
>
> *.rd FILE: (which I was under the impression is the package version, not the
> R requirement)
> /\details{
> \tabular{ll}{
> Package: \tab geoPlot\cr
> Type: \tab Package\cr
> Version: \tab 2.0\cr
> Date: \tab 2012-07-24\cr
> License: \tab GPL-2\cr
> }/
>
> When I try to install the package, I get the following error:
> /Warning message:
> package ‘geoPlot’ is not available (for R version 2.15.1) /
>
> Obviously, I have missed something?  Can someone point me in the right
> direction?

Nothing for R-devel, actually. This is more an R-help question.
You provide insufficient information, but let me guess you are running
Windows: The Windows binary package for the R-2.15.x versions of R is
not yet available on CRAN. You can expect it to appear on the master
within 72 hours.

Best,
Uwe Ligges