[Rd] tcltk freezing using MS Windows for R-2.14+

Keith keith at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Dec 19 06:27:51 CET 2012

Andreas,

thanks so much for this clue.

I have found that if I reduced the time in seconds from 0.1 to 0.01 to
0.001 to 0.0001 I only had problems with freezing on the 0.0001 time.

I tested on Win7(64 bit) on an Intel core i7 870 at 2.93GHz (16GB ram)(8
cores)
and a WinXP (32bit) Pentium 4 3.01GHz (2GB ram) using
R-2.15.2(2012-10-26) on both.

I had previously found that the tkgrab.set command seemed to be the one
actually freezing
so I placed the sleep command just before that with the same result as
it being just after the tktoplevel command.

I am now going to try it in my packages affylmGUI and limmaGUI, probably
with a sleep time of 0.1 to be on the safe side,

many thanks,

Keith Satterley