[Rd] inconsolata font for building vignettes with R-devel

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Feb 11 20:46:38 CET 2012

Trevor,

On 10 February 2012 at 15:04, Trevor Davis wrote:
| > So is there a safe fallback or not?  Should I install texlive-fonts-extra too
| > when building?
| >
| > Dirk

You quoted a message (skipping its date) that is rather old,

     R> difftime(Sys.Date()-1, as.Date("2011-09-23"))
     Time difference of 140 days

So what follows is now somewhat out of context.

| Today I needed to run
|
| sudo apt-get install texlive-fonts-extra
|
| in order to build a package in R 2.14.1 Ubuntu 11.10
|
| Else I get the following warning/error:
|
| * checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING
| LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
| This typically indicates Rd problems.
| LaTeX errors found:
| ! LaTeX Error: File `inconsolata.sty' not found.
|
| Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
| or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)
|
| ! Emergency stop.
| <read *>
|
| l.267 ^^M
|
| !  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
|
| If you don't use the latest Ubuntu build from CRAN but instead use the
| build of R in the normal Ubuntu repos (i.e. R 13.2) than this

Michael does his work (based on my Debian packages) so that you do not have
to live with outdated packaged.  And ...

| error/warning does not occur...  Probably wisest to install
| texlive-fonts-extra for now.

... the current r-base-dev package now has a 'Suggests:' on
texlive-fonts-extra, partly in result of the thread you replied to, 4+ months
later.

All this is off-topic here anyway and should have been r-sig-debian.

Hope this helps,  Dirk

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx