[Rd] Replace back slashes with forward slashes?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Feb 29 19:04:12 CET 2012

On Feb 29, 2012, at 12:37 PM, Spencer Graves wrote:

> Hello, All:
>

>      What can people tell me about converting back slashes to forward slashes in character strings?

That's it's trivially done with

gsub("\\", "/", x, fixed=TRUE)

Where x is the character string (and I suppose you are aware of it since you are using it below).

The rest of this e-mail makes absolutely no sense to me -- what exactly are you taking about? What else do you want to achieve?

Cheers,
Simon