[Rd] Reading many large files causes R to crash - Possible Bug in R 2.15.1 64-bit Ubuntu

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 22:47:53 CEST 2012

On 12-07-22 3:54 PM, David Terk wrote:
> I am reading several hundred files.  Anywhere from 50k-400k in size.  It
> appears that when I read these files with R 2.15.1 the process will hang or
> seg fault on the scan() call.  This does not happen on R 2.14.1.

The code below doesn't do anything other than define a couple of
functions.  Please simplify it to code that creates a file (or multiple
files), reads it or them, and shows a bug.

If you can't do that, then gradually add the rest of the stuff from
these functions into the mix until you figure out what is really causing
the bug.

If you don't post code that allows us to reproduce the crash, it's
really unlikely that we'll be able to fix it.

Duncan Murdoch