[Rd] file 2 is not in sorted order error building unsuffered consequences

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Tue May 8 07:46:51 CEST 2012

Hi All,

I just downloaded the source tar ball (Revision: 59324 Last Changed
Date: 2012-05-07) and tried to compile on a Win x64 system.  I am
using Rtools version 2.15.0.1919.  The only change I make is changing
MkRules.dist -> MkRules.local and setting Multi=64  I have previously
compiled unsuffered consquences without issue, but on the current
version, I get this error

windres -F pe-x86-64  -I../include -i dllversion.rc -o dllversion.o
comm: file 2 is not in sorted order
make[3]: *** [R.dll] Error 1
make[2]: *** [../../bin/x64/R.dll] Error 2
make[1]: *** [rbuild] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I did not note any other errors or warnings earlier on, though I may
have missed some.  I can provide the full log if requested.  Any
ideas?

Thanks,

Josh

--