[Rd] [R] how to remove the 'promise' attribute of an R object (.Random.seed)?

luke-tierney at uiowa.edu luke-tierney at uiowa.edu
Wed May 23 18:22:25 CEST 2012

I'm not persuaded at this point that we want to support use of the
lazy loading infrastructure outside the core as we might want to
change it in the future. But the principle that promises are an
internal implementation detail that should be as invisible at possible
at the user level suggest that this should be changed, so R-devel and
R-patched now force promises in this case.

There are a number of other cases in the sources that may have
similar issues. It would be good to check them over and handle any
that need handling in a systematic way. I don't have time to do that
now but I'll put it in my queue.

luke

241 Schaeffer Hall                  email:   luke-tierney at uiowa.edu