[Rd] Depends/Imports/Suggest/Enhence

Christophe Genolini cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Tue Nov 6 17:55:57 CET 2012

  Thanks a lot for your answer.

> (it is really "Suggests" and "Enhances" - the above are typos I presume and thus won't be recognized)
Yes, it was typo. Sorry
> No, you only need foo1 and foo2. The other two are optional.
I get:

* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Package suggested but not available: 'foo3'

> "Imports" means that symbols are imported form the namespace, so they are mandatory for the
> package to operate. "Suggests" means that symbols from the package are not required, but they are
> used in examples or vignettes, so the listed package(s) will be needed for a full check. They are
> not needed for the operation of the package, though.
That's very clear, thanks a lot.
So I will use

  - 'Depends:foo1' if there is a function in foo1 that my package use often
  - 'Imports:foo2' if there is a function in foo2 that my package might use rarely
  - 'Suggest:foo3' if an example .Rd in foo0 needs a function in foo3

Right?