[Rd] Depends/Imports/Suggest/Enhence

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Tue Nov 6 18:38:30 CET 2012

On Nov 6, 2012, at 10:55 AM, Christophe Genolini <cgenolin at u-paris10.fr> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your answer.
>
>> (it is really "Suggests" and "Enhances" - the above are typos I presume and thus won't be recognized)
> Yes, it was typo. Sorry
>> No, you only need foo1 and foo2. The other two are optional.
> I get:
>
> * checking package dependencies ... ERROR
> Package suggested but not available: 'foo3'

This is presumably coming from:

  R CMD check foo0

'foo3', as a 'Suggests', is not needed to install 'foo0' for an end user of your package 'foo0'.

However, 'foo3' is required to run R CMD check on 'foo0' when you are testing your package to be sure that it passes all checks. This includes testing for the presence of the packages you indicate in the DESCRIPTION file as well as running examples in your .Rd files.

Regards,

Marc